Hey Everyone!
I will start with when I arrived here in New Orleans, I got here the 26th of May. It has been really fun, and I really am enjoying my time here. I live in the Yellow house with 10 other people, and I am here interning for Urban Impact Ministries, and Castle Rock Community Church.
These first couple weeks have been focused on getting to know the other interns, and preparing and training for the national project which is running a day camp for kids( it starts tomorrow!) The only thing that I do not enjoy is waking up early in the morning. ( you all know bad I am at that) lol. I am getting better.
All the other interns here are fun and they are really nice, to get to know eachother we have just played alot of get to know you games, and we have done some fun things like going bowling( I got 116!), Swimming at PJS( pastor John), icecream and on our night off us girl interns Got dressed up and went to the french quarter. At nights here after we are done for the day, sometimes a bunch of people come over and we just hangout, its pretty fun. We went on a tour of New Orleans, and I got to see the 9th ward again. I had seen it before but its sad to see that so many homes destroyed. We also do devotions in the mornings and then we have also shared our testimonies. It was cool to hear everyones story.
For work we went recruiting kids for day camp around the neighborhoods, and we ran something called challenge cirlce, which is for kids 5 and up. Basically what it is, is relays, cheers, and then we end with water balloons. I had to do CPR and First aid training which was super boring.
I Have done alot more but I cant remember anything else at the moment. so that is it, I am sorry this is so scattered, but thats how I am :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
gabby more updates please :)
ReplyDelete